Registrierung Häufig gestellte Fragen Suche Mitgliederliste Portal - Planet Skyrim.de Kalender Moderatoren und Administratoren Startseite
Morrowind&OblivionForum.de - PMM-Projects Network » The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind » Morrowind Editor Help » Editor Archiv » Control des Editors, viele Tips / Toturials etc pp » Hallo Gast [registrieren|anmelden]
« Vorheriges Thema Nächstes Thema » Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag
Thorsten
Mage

Thorsten ist offline
Control des Editors, viele Tips / Toturials etc ppAntwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträge von  suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi!

Habe gerade im forum vom hersteller eine fette liste
mit vielen tips und so weiter.

ihr werden dieses thema lieben, wenn ihr den editor
benutzen wollt.

let's go:

PS: ich habe das meiste hier rein kopiert, weil das
us forum vieeeelll zu slow ist....

PPS: einige sachen konnte ich nicht hier rein kopieren,
weil sie über mehrere post verteil sind.
deshalb hier nochmal der link zum orginal beitrag:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/s...sb=5&o=0&fpart=

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Control(s)
In the Render Window:
"A" Turns on/off All brightness for total lighting.
"C" Zooms in to an isometriC view of the selected object(s).
"D" Dislodges you from the selected object(s) to allow for more freeform movement of the camera.
"F" Drops (or makes the object(s) Fall) to the top level of the object below them.
"L" Allows you to see/not see the Light radius of all lights in the view.
"T" Zooms in to a Top view of the selected object(s).
"W" Turns on/off Wireframe mode.
"X" Allows you to manipulate object(s) in the X axis.
"Y" Allows you to manipulate object(s) in the Y axis.
"Z" Allows you to manipulate object(s) in the Z axis.
"F4" Shows collision detection of all objects in the Render Window.

In the Preview Window: "A" Pans the view left.
"D" Pans the view right.
"S" Pans the view down.
"W" Pans the view up.
"Insert" Rotates the object on it's ? axis.
"Home" Rotates the object on it's ? axis.
"Page Up" Zooms in.
"Page Down" Zooms out.
"Down Arrow" Rotates the object on it's ? axis.
"Left Arrow" Rotates the object on it's ? axis.
"Right Arrow" Rotates the object on it's ? axis.
"Up Arrow" Rotates the object on it's ? axis.

"Space" + Mouse = Move
Mausrad = Zoom

Deconstruction's Information
Here's some basic info that I've been getting a number of questions about. If anyone needs more detail on something mentioned here, simply ask and I (or someone else who happens by) will do my best to give it. I'll try to do more "tutorial minded" type things like this as people request them, so if I get a number of requests for something I'll do my best to write up a more laymen's term minded description of what everyone's talking about on the boards.

These are just some of the basics for all of those who are finding it difficult to get statics to do what they're wanting them to do.

Lining Up Statics

For starters, to make it easier to connect the pieces of interiors, you can change your snap-to grid increment...

In the editor main window, under File, select preferences.
In the window this opens, you will see a number of fields you can change. Movement Speeds allows you to adjust how slowly or quickly things move when you drag them with your mouse. If you change these, do it by small increments, in general, because it's a fine tune control and fairly sensitive on most systems.

Grid Snap Is the increment with which an object will move on the X, Y, or Z plane when you drag it. It defaults to 64, I believe, and as long as you remain with multiples of 2 or 4, etc, you shouldn't have a terrible time lining things up sufficiently with a little practice. Simply use a large number to move things around quickly and a smaller number for fine tuning once you have your pieces "roughed-in".

Note: Pieces do not actually "snap" together as legos do, but very close to that. They should line up with a vaguely visible seam, but no gaps when they are together properly. (I'll provide an example near the end of this post.) It can be okay to overlap pieces at times (and is pretty much necessary in some cases, like adding rocks to dungeons without edges showing...just look in the example dungeon I list at the end) but it is good form and practice to try and keep the overlap of pathway or "main level" pieces to a minimum for best results.

Best I can tell, all parts of an object are rendered whether visible in your interior cell or not, so if you have a ton of unseen polys outside of walls, your dungeon is going to chug on average systems even if the visible interior is very simplistic and smooth. Someone correct me if they find out differently, but from what I've done thus far, it seems that even if only 5 polys of a 180 poly rock are showing in the interior of a level, that entire 180 poly rock is still being rendered by the game engine as if it were wholely visible.

(You'll almost always want "Use Grid" turned on when you're first getting the hang of things, by the way...)

Angle snap is the degree an object will rotate by when you are dragging to rotate. Turn it on to keep a sense of order to your object rotation, if you wish. I believe it defaults to 45 degrees, but you'll likely have to lower that quite a bit or turn it off entirely to get the proper angle you need to line certain pieces up properly.

Resizing Statics

As you've probably noticed, a lot of the objects don't come in the sizes you first saw them in somewhere else in the game when dropped straight into the rendering window. All objects in game are "references". This means that they are all references to (or based on, if you will) an actual object in the main .esm file. You can double click a selected static and change anything below the Reference Data section in the pop-up window. This will only affect that particular selected static and will leave all other references to that object untouched.

To resize a static to better fit your specific interior needs, you simply change the value of 3D Scale on its pop-up sheet. The default 1.00 is equal to standard size. (100%).

Statics can be effectively scaled down to 50% of their standard size by entering 0.5 in this field and scaled up to 200% of their standard size by entering 2.0 Any size in between those seems to work decently, but those seem to be the upper and lower limits, for reference.

Keep in mind that editing static references is much different from editing lights and other such objects. It can be very easy to accidentally change ALL instances of a light in the world while trying to edit the single one you just dropped in without thinking. When in doubt on lighting, just click on the Objects window under the Lights tab and hit "Insert" to create a new one and keep yourself from mucking up an existing light elsewhere in the land of Vvardenfell.

Dungeon Seams and Positioning Example

Here's something everyone will have that can be easily used as a "how-to" reference. There is a dungeon in the main game called Adanumuran in the region of the Ascadian Isles. (Most people have probably stumbled across it when traveling from the first city to Balmora on foot...)

Load that dungeon up in the editor by selecting it from the Cell View window in the lower right of the editor. (Double click the name to load it into the rendering window.)

Once it has loaded up, press "A" to turn full lights on so you can see the junctions of the level. Then select an object at random and press "T" to get a quick zoom down to the level itself. Look around...pull some pieces apart and look at how they put it all together. Double click the statics and see how the reference data has been altered. This alone will probably help you understand things far better than everything I've listed in the post so far.

An example teleportation script
I have created a script that allows one to Teleport anywhere in the world. I have chosen to Teleport myself back to home when I equip a ring that contains the script. This is what the script looks like (Note that for the purpose of this post, I have included my comments between ** and ** marker. If you copy and paste this script, remove the ** and everything in between it):

Begin TeleportHome **Teleport Home is the name of the script**

short OnPCEquip **Define Variable**

if ( OnPCEquip == 1 ) **If Ring is equiped**
Player->PositionCell, 3775 3690 15705 0 "Home" **Teleport Home**
endif

Set OnPCEquip to 0 **After Teleportation, Turn effect off**

End TeleportHome **End Script**

For such a small little script, this took me about 2 hours to make. I kept getting stuck in the world and it took me awhile before I realized I had to turn the effect off after it teleported me I also tried running this with a pop up question, asking if you wanted to teleport but abandoned my efforts.

Here's how the whole thing works:

-First, create your script. Click on "Gameplay" then "Edit Scripts". Create a new script and save it. Give it a unique name like TeleportHome

-Then must create an item to house this script. This should be a unique item. To create a ring to house this spell, simply start the editor and load your plug-ins. In the Object Window, click the Clothing tab. Double click on any ring or amulet and change it's ID (Make sure and give it a unique name like TeleportationRing). Then click Save. A prompt will appear, asking if you want to create a new item because the ID has changed. Select YES. Double click on this new item and insert your script. Then Save it.

-Place the ring somewhere easy. I chose one of my house barrels.

-When you want to Teleport, simply equip the ring. You can choose to leave it on if you want after you've been Teleported. If you do, unequip then re-equip to teleport again.

Whats great about this is that it saves your Mark and Recall spells for dungeons if you need to sell items. Oh, about the script itself:

The following line is obviously the core of the script:

PositionCell, 3775 3690 15705 0 "Home"

The Function "Position Cell" means that you are teleporting to an Indor Cell (I.E. Dungeon, tavern, house, etc).

The 4 sets of numbers you see are your X, Y, Z and ZRotate coordinates respectively.

The "Home" is the name of the Interior Cell that you are recalling to.

If you want to recall to an Exterior Cell, replace "PositionCell" with "Position" and elinate the Cell name (in my script the Cell name is "Home"). An example of an Exterior Teleport line would be:

Position 100, 200, 100, 0

Skinning Tutorial
http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/kathykitten/journeys.html

ToddTest
The master file for Morrowind comes complete with a goodie from Bathesda. ToddTest is an interior cell that doesn't appear to have a way in from the game unless you create one.

Inside the mini-building you can find some very interesting stuff. Azura's soul gem, daedric weapons, drums that play custom sounds, bells that reverb with offset tones, a custom NPC that has all of the various NPC flags (Enchanter, SpellMaker, Repair, ...). And a drum that sets your character up for testing purposes. The setting up process automatically sets some skills to 100 and others to 50. Give you items, infects you with Vampirism, and so on.

Some may have not run across this test cell included with the game and it may be of use to those wanting to create NPC's that can do incredible things or items that can modify stats and such.

Hope it helps, later!

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Thorsten am 16.05.2002, 18:32 Uhr editiert.

13.05.2002, 17:45 Profil von Füge  deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Thorsten senden
Thorsten
Mage

Thorsten ist offline
  Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträge von  suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

own music
begin GnisisWarpDoor

float time

if GetPlayerDistance < 500

set time to time + GetSecondsPassed
if time > 3 begin GnisisWarpDoor

set time to 0
StreamMusic "conantheme.mp3"
PositionPlayer -79616,1736,260

endif

else

set time to 0

endif

static tips
Here's some basic info that I've been getting a number of questions about. If anyone needs more detail on something mentioned here, simply ask and I (or someone else who happens by) will do my best to give it. I'll try to do more "tutorial minded" type things like this as people request them, so if I get a number of requests for something I'll do my best to write up a more laymen's term minded description of what everyone's talking about on the boards.

These are just some of the basics for all of those who are finding it difficult to get statics to do what they're wanting them to do.

Lining Up Statics

For starters, to make it easier to connect the pieces of interiors, you can change your snap-to grid increment...

In the editor main window, under File, select preferences.
In the window this opens, you will see a number of fields you can change. Movement Speeds allows you to adjust how slowly or quickly things move when you drag them with your mouse. If you change these, do it by small increments, in general, because it's a fine tune control and fairly sensitive on most systems.

Grid Snap Is the increment with which an object will move on the X, Y, or Z plane when you drag it. It defaults to 64, I believe, and as long as you remain with multiples of 2 or 4, etc, you shouldn't have a terrible time lining things up sufficiently with a little practice. Simply use a large number to move things around quickly and a smaller number for fine tuning once you have your pieces "roughed-in".

Note: Pieces do not actually "snap" together as legos do, but very close to that. They should line up with a vaguely visible seam, but no gaps when they are together properly. (I'll provide an example near the end of this post.) It can be okay to overlap pieces at times (and is pretty much necessary in some cases, like adding rocks to dungeons without edges showing...just look in the example dungeon I list at the end) but it is good form and practice to try and keep the overlap of pathway or "main level" pieces to a minimum for best results.

Best I can tell, all parts of an object are rendered whether visible in your interior cell or not, so if you have a ton of unseen polys outside of walls, your dungeon is going to chug on average systems even if the visible interior is very simplistic and smooth. Someone correct me if they find out differently, but from what I've done thus far, it seems that even if only 5 polys of a 180 poly rock are showing in the interior of a level, that entire 180 poly rock is still being rendered by the game engine as if it were wholely visible.

(You'll almost always want "Use Grid" turned on when you're first getting the hang of things, by the way...)

Angle snap is the degree an object will rotate by when you are dragging to rotate. Turn it on to keep a sense of order to your object rotation, if you wish. I believe it defaults to 45 degrees, but you'll likely have to lower that quite a bit or turn it off entirely to get the proper angle you need to line certain pieces up properly.

Resizing Statics

As you've probably noticed, a lot of the objects don't come in the sizes you first saw them in somewhere else in the game when dropped straight into the rendering window. All objects in game are "references". This means that they are all references to (or based on, if you will) an actual object in the main .esm file. You can double click a selected static and change anything below the Reference Data section in the pop-up window. This will only affect that particular selected static and will leave all other references to that object untouched.

To resize a static to better fit your specific interior needs, you simply change the value of 3D Scale on its pop-up sheet. The default 1.00 is equal to standard size. (100%).

Statics can be effectively scaled down to 50% of their standard size by entering 0.5 in this field and scaled up to 200% of their standard size by entering 2.0 Any size in between those seems to work decently, but those seem to be the upper and lower limits, for reference.

Keep in mind that editing static references is much different from editing lights and other such objects. It can be very easy to accidentally change ALL instances of a light in the world while trying to edit the single one you just dropped in without thinking. When in doubt on lighting, just click on the Objects window under the Lights tab and hit "Insert" to create a new one and keep yourself from mucking up an existing light elsewhere in the land of Vvardenfell.

Dungeon Seams and Positioning Example

Here's something everyone will have that can be easily used as a "how-to" reference. There is a dungeon in the main game called Adanumuran in the region of the Ascadian Isles. (Most people have probably stumbled across it when traveling from the first city to Balmora on foot...)

Load that dungeon up in the editor by selecting it from the Cell View window in the lower right of the editor. (Double click the name to load it into the rendering window.)

Once it has loaded up, press "A" to turn full lights on so you can see the junctions of the level. Then select an object at random and press "T" to get a quick zoom down to the level itself. Look around...pull some pieces apart and look at how they put it all together. Double click the statics and see how the reference data has been altered. This alone will probably help you understand things far better than everything I've listed in the post so far.

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Thorsten am 13.05.2002, 17:59 Uhr editiert.

13.05.2002, 17:45 Profil von Füge  deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Thorsten senden
Balou
Gründervater

Balou ist offline
  Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträge von  suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Das find' ich echt klasse von dir, dass du das rausgesucht hast ! Ich werds vielleicht mal auf die Website unter Tipps & Tricks stellen.

13.05.2002, 18:34 Profil von Füge  deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Balou senden Füge Balou in deine Contact-Liste ein
Thorsten
Mage

Thorsten ist offline

jo - das wäre cool

13.05.2002, 18:41 Profil von Füge  deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Thorsten senden
RaGe666
Mage

RaGe666 ist offline

ja wirklich cool, mit so viel Hilfe könnte man sich glatt mal überlegen selber was zu machen!

13.05.2002, 19:57 Profil von Füge  deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an RaGe666 senden Homepage von RaGe666 Füge RaGe666 in deine Contact-Liste ein AIM Screenname: Wer brauch schon AIM? YIM Screenname: Und Odigo steht niergends!
Don
Crusader

Don ist offline

guckt mal HIER ,da gibts ne gute deutsche übersetzung von dem offiziellen tutorial übers erstellen landschaften und dungeons
is ganz gut und verständlich gemacht
ich werd mich heut abend mal dransetzen wenn ich feierabend hab
hoffe das euch der link weiterhilft

zitat aus dem GTA3 forum

14.05.2002, 09:58 Profil von Füge  deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Don senden Füge Don in deine Contact-Liste ein
eray
Pmm-Teamleader

eray ist offline

Ich schau mir auch ein paar Tutorials an, morrowind.de gabs welche und auf mwwelten.de, aber ich weiß trotzdem nicht, ob man eine ganz neue Welt erschaffen kann oder nur verändern kann.

13.06.2002, 12:20 Profil von Füge  deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an eray senden Homepage von eray Füge eray in deine Contact-Liste ein
  « Vorheriges Thema Nächstes Thema »
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu:

Design by: Garak - Powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1 © 2001 WoltLab GbR